Data Scientist (Boston)
QuantumBlack helps companies use data to drive decisions. We combine business experience, expertise in large-scale data analysis and visualization, and advanced software engineering know-how to deliver results. From aerospace to finance to Formula One, we help companies prototype, develop, and deploy bespoke data science and data visualisation solutions to make better decisions.
You will bring an exceptional academic background in a technical field combined with experience in developing and applying data science methods in a business context. You share our curiosity for new methods and technologies, and our enthusiasm for data science challenges. You are able to communicate complex analytics concepts in a clear and concise manner to senior leaders.
What You'll Do
- Help to drive the analytical scope and method for projects, including formulating and shaping the models
- Use Math, Stats and Machine learning to derive key insights across various industry sectors including sports, pharma, automotive and high-tech.
- Write highly optimized code to advance our internal Data Science toolbox
- Develop world-class data science products for clients as well as for our data science team
- Work on complex data sets from some of the world’s largest organizations
- Work in a multi-disciplinary environment mixing highly skilled people in data science, data engineering and design
- Perhaps most importantly, you will work in one of the largest and most talented data science teams spread across London, Boston and Sydney
- Build strong links with the academic world and constantly share ideas and stay ahead of the curve on the latest methods
- Experience in statistical modelling, machine learning and deep learning
- Experience in applying data science methods to business problems a plus
- Programming experience in at least 2 of the following language: R, Python, Scala, SQL
- Educated to an MSc or PhD level in the field of Computer Science, Machine Learning, Applied Statistics or Mathematics
- Strong presentation and communication skills, with a knack for explaining complex analytical concepts to people from other fields
- Team leadership, mentoring and project management skills
- Knowledge of distributed computing or NoSQL technologies is a bonus