Senior DevOps Engineer (Boston)
QuantumBlack helps companies use data to drive decisions. We combine business experience, expertise in large-scale data analysis and visualization, and advanced software engineering know-how to deliver results. From aerospace to finance to Formula One, we help companies prototype, develop, and deploy bespoke data science and data visualisation solutions to make better decisions.
As a Senior DevOps engineer with strong knowledge of systems, networks, and cloud, you should be just as comfortable hacking code with developers as you are in dealing with operational and security concerns. You should have an in-depth understanding of the linux operating system and how cloud services can scale to thousands of instances in an efficient, secure, and stable manner.
- Deliver automated application and infrastructure governance pipelines
- Scale our data platform and assist developers in integrating with it.
- Diagnose and resolve system errors and defects
To be considered for the Senior DevOps Engineer role in our Boston team you will have the following skills and experience
- Strong software engineering skillset in one or more scripting/programming languages, such as Python, Go, or Ruby
- Comfortable in writing infrastructure as code using the same code quality & engineering practices expected from core application developers (test/behavior driven development, unit/integration/security and acceptance testing)
- Strong automation experience in one or more infrastructure orchestration frameworks such as CloudFormation or Terraform
- Strong automation experience in one or more configuration management frameworks such as Ansible or Puppet
- Working experience with at least one of the major cloud IaaS providers (AWS, Azure, Google)
- Profound knowledge of Agile concepts and working experience as part of a SCRUM team
- Strong experience in at least one major Linux distribution such as Debian/Ubuntu or Redhat/CentOS
- A love of open source software with wide experience in using various software engineering frameworks, databases, applications, and operating systems
- Highly motivated individual with a real passion for DevOps
- Embraces a non-hierarchical trust and transparency and is comfortable challenging the status quo
- Distinct quality mindset and service attitude
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and influencing skills
- Self-driven, organized and excellent time management
- Ability to work both independently as well as in various multi-cultural team settings
- Opportunity to work remote 2 days a week
- Competitive Salary, Bonus and Pension
- Private Healthcare
- Regular Social Events
- Extensive Learning and Development opportunities across all teams
- Family friendly benefits
- Opportunity to work with amazing colleagues!
- Relocation allowance