Principal DevOps Engineer (London)
QuantumBlack helps companies use data to drive decisions. We combine business experience, expertise in large-scale data analysis and visualization, and advanced software engineering know-how to deliver results. From aerospace to finance to Formula One, we help companies prototype, develop, and deploy bespoke data science and data visualisation solutions to make better decisions.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Principal DevOps Engineer to join our core engineering team in London. With mixed experience across development and operations background, you should be just as comfortable hacking code with developers as you are in dealing with operational and security concerns. You should have an in depth understanding of the linux operating system and how that can be scaled to hundreds of nodes in an efficient and stable manner.
- Deliver automation and tools for our platform and developers
- Scale our data platform and assist developers in integrating with it.
- Educate engineers and data scientists regarding Devops and CI/CD processes and culture
- Assist with scaling data science and analytics algorythms in spark or other frameworks
- Provide 3rd line support to operational aspects for various deployments of our platform when required
- Experience with Container clusters and schedulers, along with service discovery methodologies
- Strong automation experience in any configuration management framework, Ansible, Puppet, Chef, SaltStack
- Strong programing skillset in any application scripting languages, Python, Ruby, Go
- Experience in working within agile teams integrated with developers and working to their lifecycles
- Experienced in at least one major Linux distribution such as Debian/Ubuntu or Redhat/CentOS
- A love of OpenSource software with wide experience in using various frameworks, databases, languages and schedulers