Front End Engineer (London)
QuantumBlack helps companies use data to drive decisions. We combine business experience, expertise in large-scale data analysis and visualization, and advanced software engineering know-how to deliver results. From aerospace to finance to Formula One, we help companies prototype, develop, and deploy bespoke data science and data visualisation solutions to make better decisions.
WHO YOU’LL WORK WITH
You will work within core engineering and often have a role within a multi-disciplinary project team comprised of Design, UX, Product, Data Science, Data Engineering and QA.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Work in a cross-functional collaborative team to build visually compelling front-ends to our data and analytics applications
- Help build our internal frameworks and libraries, help define patterns & practices across all our projects
- Work closely with the Design Team to help realise their beautiful data visualisations and user interfaces
- Act as a bridge between the Design, Engineering and Data Science Team
- Commercial project experience, including working in close-knit teams (ideally 3 – 5 years)
- Experience creating highly visual web apps, using D3.js or similar libraries
- Knowledge of industry best practices and creating reusable components
- Experience with the performance-side of browser rendering when dealing with large volumes of data
- You should be confident engaging with technical and non-technical persons