QA Engineer (London)
QuantumBlack teams work in multi-disciplinary environments harnessing data to provide real-world impact. We bring together the brightest data scientists, engineers and designers to take on the biggest problems facing the world’s most influential organisations. Our projects range from helping pharmaceutical companies bring lifesaving drugs to market quicker to optimising a Formula1 car’s performance. At QuantumBlack you have the best of both worlds; all the benefits of being part of one of the leading management consultancies globally and the autonomy to thrive in a fast growth tech culture:
- Real-World Impact - No project is ever the same; we work across multiple sectors, providing unique learning and development opportunities internationally.
- Fusing Tech & Leadership – We work with the latest technologies and methodologies and offer first class learning programmes at all levels.
- Multidisciplinary Teamwork - Our teams include data scientists, engineers, project managers, UX and visual designers who work collaboratively to enhance performance.
- Innovative Work Culture – Creativity, insight and passion come from being balanced. We cultivate a modern work environment through an emphasis on wellness, insightful talks and training sessions.
- Striving for Diversity – With colleagues from over 40 nationalities, we recognise the benefits of working with people from all walks of life.
What we do
We guide global companies through data science solutions to transform their businesses and enhance performance across industries including healthcare, automotive, energy and elite sport.
- We helped a healthcare provider improve their clinical trial practices by identifying congestion in diagnostic testing as a key indicator of admissions breaches.
- We designed and built the first data-driven application for a state of the art centre of excellence in urban innovation by collecting real-time data from environmental sensors across London and deploying proprietary analytics to find unexpected patterns in air pollution.
- We worked with the CEO of an elite automotive organisation to reduce the 18-month car development timeframe by improving processes, designs and team structures.
Who you are
A core value at QuantumBlack is fusion and at the heart of our multi-disciplinary teams is the belief that the sum of individual parts will always be less than the impact of the entire team. You are a highly collaborative individual who is capable of laying aside your own agenda, listening to and learning from colleagues, challenging thoughtfully and prioritising impact. You search for ways to improve things and work collaboratively with colleagues. You believe in iterative change, experimenting with new approaches, learning and improving to move forward quickly. Trust between colleagues is paramount here – you are an individual who can always be trusted to work in the best interests of all colleagues and to achieve the best outcome for QuantumBlack and our clients. You are naturally enthusiastic and enjoy sharing your passion with others.
What you’ll learn
With our focus on solving problems using data, you will learn to deeply understand the Data Science and Data Engineering process and help develop impactful and reusable patterns and abstractions used by our clients and teams. You will experience the thrill of building a growing product and evolving the engineering process to handle more users, harder problems and more advanced client situations. You’ll be able to continuously exercise your unique problem-solving skills by being involved with the most exciting new challenges that industry has to offer.
As a Senior QA Engineer you will be joining the Quality Assurance Engineering team and will be responsible for testing complex interactive applications. If you are an experienced automated tester who can be hands on with their coding with a keen attention to detail and wants to solve extremely complex problems, not just detect them, then this is the opportunity for you!
You will test across various browsers and devices, documenting and communicating the user experience to ensure a seamless result, you will be responsible for showing the magic of automation to ensure we are building the right products and the right way as well as being an active contributor in an agile team meetings and retrospectives.
- Design and develop our automation framework which can run user-cases, scenarios and situations end to end
- Analyse the requirements and creation of test plan and drive test planning and strategy across several unit development teams for precise product validation
- Ensure out tests are running in a CI fashion and moving us to a goal of CD
- Involved in the creation of Functional, System, Integration and Regression test cases and procedures
- Execute software tests (Manual/Automated) and document test results
- Technical trouble-shooting
- Logging, monitoring and retesting of bugs found
- Creation and maintenance of test and environment data
- Work closely with developers, data engineers, data scientists, support and management to understand requirements and product direction. Occasional interaction with clients may be required.
- A degree in Computer Engineering or a related IT degree
- Extensive experience of scripting in Python OR Ruby, API testing, open source test libraries (experience in any or all of the tools - TestInfra/TestKitchen/Goss/ServerSpec)
- Knowledge of industry standard test automation tools and experience in developing product test harnesses and instrumenting products to gather test results
- Experience with test driven development, behaviour driven development and establishing unit test infrastructures
- Expert in software quality and testing methodologies / patterns
- ISTQB qualified (foundation)
- Experience automating the validation of modern user interfaces and messaging infrastructures
- Exposure to ‘Infrastructure as code’ – with Terraform, Ansible
- Linux shell scripting experience bash, posix shell, zsh, fish
- Experience of working with Github, CI server tools (CircleCI, etc)
- Knowledge of relational databases and SQL
- Experience in developing web automation test frameworks using Selenium OR Selenium based tools like WebdriveIO
- Some exposure of working in a Big-Data/Data Analytics project
- Experience with evaluating and integrating open source and in house developed toolsets
- Experience with performance testing tools and methodology
- Ideally have some experience in ServiceNow testing but this is not mandatory
- Good communication skills and the ability to generate and communicate meaningful development metrics.
1. Recruiter Screen
2. Online technical Hackerrank test
3. On-site technical white-boarding interview
4. Final on-site interview which involves some conversations with people outside of the engineering team to get to know us better
- McKinsey benefits (competitive salary, annual bonus, generous pension scheme etc.)
- Technical and non-technical training courses
- Free lunches daily
- Free art pass
- Gym membership and yoga classes
As an equal opportunity employer, QuantumBlack encourages applications from all backgrounds regardless of gender, race, disability, pregnancy, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief. We maintain a sense of community rooted in respect and consideration for all employees where any evaluation is based simply upon individual work and team performance.
Watch our Careers Video