QA Engineer (London)
As part of McKinsey & Company, QuantumBlack helps our clients use their own data to drive better decisions. With the combination of business experience, expertise in large-scale data analysis, solid software engineering know-how and advanced visualisations, we help our clients to deliver better results. From aerospace to finance to Formula One, we help our clients prototype, develop, and deploy bespoke data science and data visualisation solutions to make better decisions. QuantumBlack was established to re-imagine how organisations could continuously improve and out learn their rivals. Today, we’re still fascinated by how the smallest edge or marginal gain can have a major impact.
As a SDET you will be joining the Quality Assurance Engineering team and will be responsible for testing complex interactive applications. If you are an experienced automated tester who can be hands on with their coding with a keen attention to detail and wants to solve extremely complex problems, not just detect them, then this is the opportunity for you!
You will test across various browsers and devices, documenting and communicating the user experience to ensure a seamless result, you will be responsible for showing the magic of automation to ensure we are building the right products and the right way as well as being an active contributor in an agile team meetings and retrospectives.
- Design and develop our automation framework which can run user-cases, scenarios and situations end to end
- Analyse the requirements and creation of test plan and drive test planning and strategy across several unit development teams for precise product validation
- Ensure out tests are running in a CI fashion and moving us to a goal of CD
- Involved in the creation of Functional, System, Integration and Regression test cases and procedures
- Execute software tests (Manual/Automated) and document test results
- Technical trouble-shooting
- Logging, monitoring and retesting of bugs found
- Creation and maintenance of test and environment data
- Work closely with developers, data engineers, data scientists, support and management to understand requirements and product direction. Occasional interaction with clients may be required.
- A degree in Computer Engineering or a related IT degree
- ISTQB qualified (foundation)
- Experience of working in an DevOps environment (mandatory)
- Experience with test driven development, behaviour driven development and establishing unit test infrastructures
- Exposure to ‘Infrastructure as code’ – with Terraform, Ansible
- Linux shell scripting experience bash, posix shell, zsh, fish
- Experience of working with Github, CI server tools (CircleCI, etc)
- Extensive experience of scripting in Python OR Ruby, API testing, open source test libraries (experience in any or all of the tools - TestInfra/TestKitchen/Goss/ServerSpec)
- Experience of Docker and containerisation
- Knowledge of relational databases and SQL
- Experience in developing web automation test frameworks using Selenium OR Selenium based tools like WebdriveIO, etc (advantageous)
- Experience of working in a Big-Data/Data Analytics project (advantageous)
- Testing Mobile Applications (preferable)
- Experience in ServiceNow testing (advantageous)
- Jira, Confluence (mandatory)
- Experience automating the validation of modern user interfaces and messaging infrastructures
- Experience with evaluating and integrating open source and in house developed toolsets
- Experience with performance testing tools and methodology
- Good communication skills and the ability to generate and communicate meaningful development metrics.
- Expert in software quality and testing methodologies / patterns
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment
- Experienced in interacting and coordinating test/QA activities amongst multiple teams
- Knowledge of industry standard test automation tools and experience in developing product test harnesses and instrumenting products to gather test results