Principal Data Scientist (Chicago)
QuantumBlack helps companies use data to drive decisions. We combine business experience, expertise in large-scale data analysis and visualization, and advanced software engineering know-how to deliver results. From aerospace to finance to Formula One, we help companies prototype, develop, and deploy bespoke data science and data visualisation solutions to make better decisions.
You will bring an exceptional academic background in a technical field combined with experience in developing and applying data science methods in a business context. You share our curiosity for new methods and technologies, and our enthusiasm for data science challenges. You have a proven track record in building and leading teams of high-caliber data scientists.
What You'll Do
- Help to drive the analytical scope and method for projects, including formulating and shaping the models
- Use Math, Stats and Machine learning to derive key insights across various industry sectors including sports, pharma, automotive and high-tech.
- Lead the data science aspect of multiple engagements at the same time
- Work on complex data sets from some of the world’s largest organizations
- Work in a multi-disciplinary environment mixing highly skilled people in data science, data engineering and design
- Build strong links with the academic world and constantly share ideas and stay ahead of the curve on the latest methods
- Help grow and shape an elite team of world-class data scientists
- Deep experience in statistical modelling, machine learning and deep learning techniques/frameworks
- Proven record of applying data science methods to business problems
- Strong presentation and communication skills, with a knack for explaining complex analytical concepts to people from other disciplines
- Programming experience in at least 2 of the following language: R, Python, Scala
- Educated to an MSc or PhD level (preferred) in the field of Computer Science, Machine Learning, Applied Statistics or Mathematics
- Team leadership, mentoring and project management skills