Global Head of Product (Data Science/Data Engineering)
Who We Are
QuantumBlack teams work in multi-disciplinary environments harnessing data to provide real-world impact. We bring together the brightest data scientists, engineers and designers to take on the biggest problems facing the world’s most influential organisations. Our projects range from helping pharmaceutical companies bring lifesaving drugs to market quicker, to optimising a Formula1 car’s performance. At QuantumBlack you have the best of both worlds; all the benefits of being part of one of the leading management consultancies globally and the autonomy to thrive in a fast growth tech culture.
Real-World Impact - No project is ever the same; we work across multiple sectors, providing unique learning and development opportunities internationally.
Fusing Tech & Leadership - Apart from working with the latest technologies and methodologies, as part of McKinsey & Company we offer first class learning programmes at all levels.
Multidisciplinary Teamwork - Our teams include data scientists, engineers, project managers, UX and visual designers who work collaboratively to achieve optimal results.
Innovative Work Culture - We believe that creativity, insight and passion come from being balanced. We cultivate a modern working environment with an emphasis on health and wellness through insightful talks and training sessions.
Striving for Diversity – As an inclusive company with colleagues from over 40 nationalities, we recognise the benefits of working with people from all walks of life.
What We Do
We lead global companies across a range of industries including healthcare, automotive, natural resources and sport. In order to better leverage insights from clients data and make our work as impactful as possible we are building and iterating on our products.
We have a range of product initiatives in operation at any time and you'll get the opportunity to ask lots of questions when you meet our Product Managers during the interview process.
For example, today, we have Product Managers working on:
- Codifying the methodology by which we deliver analytics engagements to our clients
- Designing tools to help our teams clearly explain complex insights to clients
- Building frameworks and libraries for our Data Scientists & Data Engineers so they can go from data to impact
- Secure cloud infrastructure services that support QuantumBlack and McKinsey as we scale and achieve our ambitions
What You’ll Learn
As part of a team at QuantumBlack, you will be working on products that our teams of Data Scientists and Data Engineers use to progress from data to impact. We are passionate about life-long learning and professional development individual to each of our employees. Whilst here, you will have the opportunity to:
- Influence, develop and master best-practice around modern tools that support rapid development of analytics solutions like Python, Spark, Luigi, Airflow and others.
- Apply cutting edge data solutions to real world problems
- Learn to deeply understand a wide variety of global challenges across multiple industries and develop impactful and reusable products allowing us to solve some of the biggest real-world problems around
- Collaboratively advance the state of art in QuantumBlack’s practice and for our clients
- Build products alongside the core engineering team and evolve the engineering process to handle more users, resolutions for complex problems and advanced client situations.
- Mentor and lead teams of talented co-workers in a dynamic environment
You will be leading QuantumBlack’s Product Management function as a key contributor and member of the global leadership team, driving the development of a diverse portfolio of cross-functional product engineering teams, productising data and analytics capabilities to create a new vision of AI and tech-enabled problem-solving. You will work closely with our engineering and client delivery teams in order to iterate and define product offerings through effective identification of needs and opportunities.
This role requires someone with strong networking abilities both internally and externally, requiring someone with a strong presence in both arenas who strives to stay current and really accelerate our product development.
This strategic role will require someone who is capable of building senior relationships, balancing business and technical needs to shape a long-term roadmap. The role will require a dynamic, energetic individual who can influence, motivate and lead change in a complex environment. You will manage and nurture the development of our high calibre product team and help them succeed managing their products and grow their careers. We want to attract and retain the best talent in our team and would need you to drive this agenda and keep our team developing.
- Define a compelling vision for QuantumBlack’s data analytics product portfolio by forming a comprehensive understanding of clients, users and business objectives
- Lead and iterate on our horizontal product suite and provide senior oversight to the product line teams, providing a strong metrics and delivery focus
- Work very closely with client delivery & user experience teams to understand key customer and project problems & develop solutions
- Manage the needs of the multiple internal and external stakeholders to create the product strategy (e.g. commercial, technology, operational)
- Align product feature roadmap to deliver the strategic vision
- Responsible for clearly articulating the product direction
- Be the go to person for senior stakeholders around the business to share ideas, strategic aspirations and business needs
- Accountable for the processes that enables the collection, collation, analysis and prioritization
- Establishing competitive intelligence and market analyses to ensure the product portfolio is market leading and future proofed
- Building business cases, selling a vision, defining requirements, analysing engagement, setting ROI, tracking and reporting etc
- Promote the products by advocating the value and benefits at executive briefings and marketing events
- Keep abreast of industry news, new research techniques and best practice
- Understand, set, track and communicate the business objectives and key results
- Hands-on experience in product management (ideally 5+ years)
- Experience with complex digital products in a technology company in general, and knowledge
- on digital products in the data/analytics space in particular
- Demonstrable experience defining and owning the product roadmap in a complex, multi-stakeholder environment
- Experience in implementing, developing and improving internal product processes
- Responsible for prioritization and management of all development work
- Have strong stakeholder management skills and confidence to be the lead point of contact
- Demonstrable experience defining a product strategy and driving a cross functional team to deliver
- Excellent networking and creative influencing skills to build trusted relationships across the organisation, client, and user network
- Highly analytical: strong ability to understand & synthesize data
- Strong commercial and operational acumen: able to understand the broader business context and build a product vision that supports this
Experience working with design and engineering teams in an agile environment