Client Development Lead
Who we are
QuantumBlack teams work in multi-disciplinary environments harnessing data to provide real-world impact. We bring together the brightest data scientists, engineers and designers to take on the biggest problems facing the world’s most influential organisations. Our projects range from helping pharmaceutical companies bring lifesaving drugs to market quicker to optimising a Formula1 car’s performance. At QuantumBlack you have the best of both worlds; all the benefits of being part of one of the leading management consultancies globally and the autonomy to thrive in a fast growth tech culture.
What you’ll learn
We are passionate about life-long learning and professional development. You will have different areas you are passionate to develop in and we will support those. We would expect that anyone in this role will develop skills in:
- Operating at the cutting edge of applied data science in the real world
- Leading the ethical, legal and commercial risks associated with that kind of work
- Communicating complex topics in compelling and digestible ways
- Working alongside teams of deep specialists in a dynamic environment
What you’ll do
You will work alongside colleagues to build our client development capability, both day to day and in the longer term. You will further strengthen and build our client base, with a focus on ensuring that all new projects align with our delivery protocols. You will accomplish this through the following elements:
■ Growing QuantumBlack’s distinctive client base
You will be accountable for the client and McKinsey relationships and ongoing pipeline dialogue. As such you will be accountable for:
- developing relationships with key McKinsey client teams and analytics leaders within clients to find opportunities for transformative work
- providing in-depth knowledge and credibility to help educate potential clients on the possibilities that QB offers and supporting the development of client proposals
- setting up a proposal ‘war-room’ to triage new opportunities and driving the development of the client relationship through a robust and rigorous process to ensure all projects are appropriately scoped and commercially framed
- leading the preparation of client proposals, working closely with colleagues in specialist disciplines to ensure appropriate input and sign-off
- supporting the client negotiation process, alongside McKinsey CST colleagues
- providing staffing with visibility of upcoming opportunities in order to plan for demand
- escalating any key risks or unconventional commercial arrangements to the Client & Risk committee
- leading the key partner relationships with the McKinsey client service team, at the most senior levels
- holding and leading key client relationships (alongside the McKinsey client team leadership), especially with dedicated analytics leaders within client organisations
- organising and participating in client events and other external relations activities that promote QB’s client service.
■ Developing and protecting QuantumBlack’s distinctive brand
You will ensure all projects and collateral fully align with our protocols, particularly around ensuring the security, transparency and ethical robustness of our technology. As such you will be accountable for:
- Working with marketing and delivery teams to ensure premier collateral creation in line with brand positioning, strategy and messaging, including for instance, use-cases, ‘magic moments’, testimonials etc.
- Working with people, product management and delivery teams to develop and roll-out training materials for onboarding of new colleagues (at every level)
- Leads project debriefs and creating high quality collateral to showcase the client impact QB is having at clients including, engaging with project to understand ‘story of engagement’, aligning on content/audiences
- Maintaining collateral inventory
- Preparing, minuting, and tracking actions at for the Client & Risk committee
- Working with finance and client delivery teams to reconcile financial results
■ Improving QuantumBlack’s client development process
You will be accountable for owning and handling the ongoing client development pipeline. As such you will:
- Establish robust, scalable CRM pipeline management, including quality control, performance/MI reporting, and client reference
- Utilisie the MI reporting to improve performance over time
- Prepare minuting, and track actions at for the Client & Risk committee
- Work with finance and client delivery teams to reconcile financial results
■ Developing QuantumBlack’s evolution and growth
You will be expected to play a strong internal leadership role, including (but not exclusively):
- Developing, mentoring and evaluating junior colleagues
- Helping recruit key talent across disciplines (Data Science, Engineering, Design, Client Development)
- Publishing (e.g., blog posts, white papers) and speaking externally (e.g., conferences, client events) on topics of passion and relevance
■ Developing and safe-guarding QuantumBlack’s commercial model
You will be expected to play a strong role in shaping commercial terms for client projects and also developing our commercial model
- Overseeing pricing for all projects and coordinating with Finance to ensure any client investments are properly approved by the client committee and recorded in the finance systems
- Collecting competitive intelligence on price levels and pricing models and using this information to evolve our commercial model so that it remains attractive and competitive
■ Developing QuantumBlack’s institutional knowledge and proprietary technology base
- You will be expected to develop your own expertise and lead efforts in QB to develop new knowledge.
- Moreover, you will play a key role collaborating with our Product Management and Client Delivery teams, ensuring that we are always developing the technology that will be the most useful to our teams and clients.
- You have a track record of success in a technology-enabled and, ideally, consulting client development role.
- You have an understanding of the data science and Tech consulting space, and have ideally worked with teams of data specialists
- You thrive in an environment where you have to solve problems, use your specialist knowledge and leverage in-house specialists to identify impact for clients.
- You have experience developing deep client relationships, building the supporting governance/processes to scale client development in a rapid-growth environment, and interacting with senior leadership across diverse sectors.
- McKinsey benefits (competitive salary, annual bonus, generous pension scheme etc.)
- This is not a commission-based role
- Free lunches daily
- Free art pass
- Gym membership and yoga classes