Who we are
As part of McKinsey & Company Inc UK, QuantumBlack helps our clients use their own data to drive better decisions. With the combination of business experience, expertise in large-scale data analysis, solid software engineering know-how and advanced visualisations, we help our clients to deliver better results
QuantumBlack teams work in multi-disciplinary environments harnessing data to provide real-world impact. We bring together the brightest data scientists, engineers and designers to take on the biggest problems facing the world’s most influential organisations. Our projects range from helping pharmaceutical companies bring lifesaving drugs to market quicker to optimising a Formula1 car’s performance. At QuantumBlack you have the best of both worlds; all the benefits of being part of one of the leading management consultancies globally and the autonomy to thrive in a fast growth tech culture:
- Real-World Impact – No project is ever the same; we work across multiple sectors, providing unique learning and development opportunities internationally.
- Fusing Tech & Leadership – We work with the latest technologies and methodologies and offer first class learning programmes at all levels.
- Multidisciplinary Teamwork - Our teams include data scientists, engineers, project managers, UX and visual designers who work collaboratively to enhance performance.
- Innovative Work Culture – Creativity, insight and passion come from being balanced. We cultivate a modern work environment through an emphasis on wellness, insightful talks and training sessions.
- Striving for Diversity – With colleagues from over 40 nationalities, we recognise the benefits of working with people from all walks of life.
What we do
We guide global companies through data science solutions to transform their businesses and enhance performance across industries including healthcare, automotive, energy and elite sport.
- Healthcare Efficiency – We helped a healthcare provider improve their clinical trial practices by identifying congestion in diagnostic testing as a key indicator of admissions breaches.
- Environmental Impact – We designed and built the first data-driven application for a state of the art centre of excellence in urban innovation by collecting real-time data from environmental sensors across London and deploying proprietary analytics to find unexpected patterns in air pollution.
- Product Development – We worked with the CEO of an elite automotive organisation to reduce the 18-month car development timeframe by improving processes, designs and team structures.
Who you are
A core value at QuantumBlack is fusion and at the heart of our multi-disciplinary teams is the belief that the sum of individual parts will always be less than the impact of the entire team. You are a highly collaborative individual who is capable of laying aside your own agenda, listening to and learning from colleagues, challenging thoughtfully and prioritising impact. You search for ways to improve things and work collaboratively with colleagues. You believe in iterative change, experimenting with new approaches, learning and improving to move forward quickly. Trust between colleagues is paramount here – you are an individual who can always be trusted to work in the best interests of all colleagues and to achieve the best outcome for QuantumBlack and our clients. You are naturally enthusiastic and enjoy sharing your passion with others.
What you’ll do
- Technical leadership, defining patterns and operational guidelines for your asset and domain
- Independently scope, design, and deliver solutions for large, complex challenges within your asset
- Consistently deliver code that sets the standard for quality and maintainability
- Provide oversight, coaching and guidance through code and design reviews
- Design for scale and reliability with the future in mind
- Lead critical R&D and anticipate technical challenges, while exploring alternatives and tradeoffs thoroughly
- Have deep understanding of the full stack encompassing the domain and should be able to navigate and make legacy code maintainable
- Explore technologies with sizable potential impact for your asset. Bringing great understanding of QB’s eco-system and architecture, systematically thinking through potential design impacts on other teams and the company
- Persistently debugging the toughest issues regardless of environment, finding root cause or a viable workaround.
We are looking for candidates with significant experience delivering high quality, production machine learning solutions. Specifically:
- Significant experience working in complex, new to world domains and creating an organizations technology strategy
- Strong knowledge and experience in delivering highly scaled, data focused cloud solutions
- Significant experience in leading teams of engineers towards great technical products
- Significant experience in working in a collaborative product engineering environment; owning technology and helping shape roadmaps with product across a wide variety of products and solutions
- Strong experience in working as part of a multi-disciplinary team, particularly working with data science and data engineering
- Proven experience in working with external partners, to evaluate and utilise external proprietary or open source technology
- To have demonstrated a strong commitment to building diverse, open teams
As an equal opportunity employer, QuantumBlack encourages applications from all backgrounds regardless of gender, race, disability, pregnancy, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief. We maintain a sense of community rooted in respect and consideration for all employees where any evaluation is based simply upon individual work and team performance.
Please apply online attaching your CV and covering letter within 28 days of the first placement of this advert.
- Technical and non-technical training courses
- McKinsey benefits (competitive salary, annual bonus, generous pension scheme etc.)
- Free lunches daily
- Free art pass
- Gym membership and yoga classes
- Salary from £115,000 to £125,000 per annum