Software Engineer (Contract )(London)
QuantumBlack are looking for a long-term Python contractor to support our core-engineering teams working on the frameworks and libraries that our teams of Data Scientists and Data Engineers use to go from data to impact. You will leverage, develop and master best-practices around modern tools that support rapid development of analytics solutions like Python, Spark, Luigi, Airflow and others.
This will be a 6-12-month contract for a senior developer to join a growing engineering team who are learning to deeply understand the Data Science and Data Engineering process to develop impactful and reusable patters and experience the thrill of building a growing product and evolving the engineering process to handle more users, harder problems and more advanced client situations.
- Have strong Computer Science and Software Engineering foundations
- Be comfortable working with a couple of programming languages, one of which is Python
- Be familiar with basic software engineering patterns and multiple programming paradigms, e.g. functional programming, OOP, etc
- Have experience in developing and designing medium-sized projects, preferably libraries or frameworks
- Be a strong advocate of Lean and Agile principles for iterative software development
- Play well with others, taking part in team decisions and enjoying cooperative problem-solving sessions
- Have pragmatic attitude to automated software testing and continuous delivery mindset
- Can communicate to and coach software product users with varying levels of technical abilities
- Have experience with contributing to open-source projects (bonus points)
- Have experience with developing data-driven pipelines and big data frameworks (bonus points)